Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Library Visit

While home in Montclair, NJ, I stopped in the main library, to return a few books which were obscenely over due. As always, I ended up in the cookbook section. I took home three books: The Cuisine of the Rose by Mireille Johnston, Le Cordon Bleu Classic French Cookbook* and, Comfort Me With Apples by Ruth Reichl


The first two books I chose because, I'm a francophile. The obsession probably started when my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Bulkin, made us kids imitate french impressionism masterpieces. I remember being so proud when my mother hung up my Cray-Pas version of Monet's lilies on the refrigerator. French impressionism made me think that France was a magical, dream-like place. The last book I chose because of how much I loved Mrs. Reichl's first book, Tender at the Bone. She made me appreciate my food memories while making me think about food completely differently. I plan on making one recipe from each book and sharing here. I don't know about you but, I'm excited!


I would suggest for next time:

Reading Tender at the Bone.
See what cookbooks are in your local library.  

*Julia Child attended Le Cordon Bleu.(I know that's Meryl Streep)

No comments:

Post a Comment