Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Intro to Danishes

To celebrate what would have been Julia Child's 100th birthday, PBS has made available through their website different shows hosted by Julia Child. Being the dork I am I have been watching these episodes incessantly since I realized they were there. Having access to Baking with Julia, Cooking with Master Chefs and Julia's Kitchen with Master Chefs is an amazing resource. I encourage everyone to watch a couple episodes if they can and get ready to be inspired. It is so valuable to be able to watch incredibly influential chefs like Charles Palmer and Rick Bayless as young lads prepare meals and explain techniques slowly.

I was very inspired by a Baking with Julia episode where she watches Beatrice Ojakangas make classic danishes. I watched the episode probably 10 times without exaggeration. The other day I finally built the courage to try her recipe for myself. Definitely not as simple as the recipes that I have normally written about but the outcome was worth it. I have more dough left and I plan on making this recipe again but adding my own touches. Stay tuned.

In the meantime remember to keep on cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment